Monday, April 21, 2008

Distance... it's all relative, right?


Since Holland is such a small country, distances of 45 minutes or more by car is quite far -- to the Dutch. This is something that is entirely different than what I am used to, where a 45 minutes drive is nothing. This being said, if the need arises to travel "long" distances, the Dutch want to take advantage of the trip, by spending all day where they have traveled.

On Saturday we went to Den Haag (45 mins away) to go to the temple. We got there at 9am and stayed until 5pm. Not something I'm accustomed to, but highly enjoyable none-the-less. I remember traveling 3 hours to go to the temple in the States to do one session and then would leave. I was able to do 2 sessions this time, and help fold laundry with the 2 girls I went with. The temple is very nice, and (so I was told) is the only temple with a bike rack. It was also neat to hear 4 languages being spoken at once, Dutch (of course), English, French and Spanish.

As a side note: Spring has come... FINALLY. Not only did I not have to use a scarf and gloves today, but I was even able to walk around without a coat. I haven't been able to do that since I moved here. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

You not only got to go to the temple BUT you got to fold clothes as well! Dang now I REALLY want to come out and visit you!