Monday, June 2, 2008

Water, please.

This weekend my friend Annelies (from work in NC) came to visit. She's originally from Belgium and is in Europe visiting her family for two weeks. She made a special trip up with her husband on Friday to see me.... and the guys here at work. She even brought a 10-15 lb package with her that my dad had put together for me - talk about friendship.
The three of us went out to dinner and then met up with a few of the guys from work around 9ish at a traditional Dutch bar. I toasted everyone at each round of drinks with my tasty and refreshing spring water. What can I say, I'm a cheap date. We then moved on to the next "EVEN MORE traditional" Dutch bar, thus commemorating my first, and probably last bar hopping experience. To those readers out there who are asking: "What? You're 27 and have never gone bar hopping before?"... my response is: "no, no I have not."
Bar #2, called The Two Pigs, was quite the experience. You were allowed 2 inches of breathing room before you'd bump into the person next to you. They had Dutch music playing, and everyone, I repeat, EVERYONE was singing. Well, except for me and the one other American who didn't know the songs. Unfortunately it was too dark to video, so I waited until the next bar. Bar #3 was much lighter and also had Dutch music, for those much to drunk to realize that they can't carry a tune at all, to sing along. The out of tune drunks were mainly my colleagues. So, I dutifully brought out my camera to record how... ahem, "well" they sang. Now you too have the pleasure of listening to their musical abilities. Enjoy....

2 comments:

ReL said...

It's cool, I'm 25 and have never been bar hopping either. At least you're one up on me :-) And while I think the video was far too short that was SO dang funny! I bet you had a blast.

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! Everytime I read it I want to come and visti (ice cream and waffles!) I agree the video was to short, although it does given me bad flashbacks of living with Danny's German aunt and uncle for a few months in Utah. The German Polka is something I will never understand!