Sunday, February 7, 2010

Where's Waldo?

The roll of tourist is one I play quite well, I'm not afraid to admit.  Quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a giant neon arrow blinking above my head.  Although, it's not needed since I do a good enough job on my own with my large SLR camera out at all times - clicking with one hand and holding a map in the other. However, I do pride myself in the fact that I never have a guide book with me.  That has to count for something, right?  That and the fact that I don't own a single flowery Hawaiian shirt or bermuda shorts.  But now I digress. 


My point is, I'm fully aware that I stand out like a sore thumb when on vacation. I am that tacky tourist who makes cars wait for her as she takes her picture crossing Abbey Lane.  In my mind I try minimizing my blatancy by thinking "at least I'm not like that guy who's walking across barefoot in order to authenticate the photo!"  When in reality the only thing holding me back from doing the same thing is the near-freezing winter weather.

So here I write, to tell the world - or whoever is reading, that I'm not ashamed.  And since you weren't in London to see me for yourself, I'll show you: I was in every tourist hot-spot I could find. 

LOOK AT ME!  I'm on the top of a double decker bus!

LOOK AT ME!  I'm in a British phone booth!

LOOK AT ME!  I'm Harry Potter!

Yes, I am the quintessential tourist... and quite the happy one!  (Thanks in part to my friend Tim who was gracious enough to tag along and take pictures as my rampant touristic desires led us from one location to the next).

1 comment:

ReL said...

I think it's fantastic! And besides the economy in these places wouldn't be nearly what it is without tourists :-D
Love the pictures!