Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."

It's a funny thing, taste buds... at least mine anyway.  A little over two weeks ago I left the land of bland food and sat down to an in-flight meal thinking, "mmm... this tastes good."  But throughout the 14 days following that flight, I was presented with a splendor of heavenly, mouth watering creations - each dish better than the rest. On my return flight, I could barely eat half of the food on the tray the steward offered me. My very first meal back home was at my company's canteen (cafeteria).  Not only did the price of the 2.50 Euro hot dog seem astronomical, it was barely edible, and nearly vomit inducing. (And that was even the best item offered).


Clearly, Thailand tainted my tongue.

No comments: