Thursday, March 22, 2012

In search of a diagnoses - because I already know the cure

I'm not sure what you'd call it. A disease? A virus? Stress? Whatever it is, I catch it every few months... generally every three. I feel it coming on like a cold, slowly but persistent until all at once: BAM!, I'm struck down with it like a ton of bricks. The symptoms are also a bit similar to that of a cold: stuffy head, irritability, pressure, occasional headaches, and overall discomfort - whether I'm feeling it myself or dishing it out. But it's the treatment that is different. Instead of over-the-counter medications to cure my ailments, I have to reach for the over-the-border type. Even the four day weekend varieties work wonders. 

As early as February I could feel myself coming down with this (disorder? plague?) and knew I had to do something about it before things got out of hand.  I checked my calendar and started making my plans which continued to hold the malady (maybe?) at bay.

And now, upon my return, I am here to testify of the magic of the cure... as I am a changed person (for the time being). Friday I left the office pale faced, gloomy and downtrodden. Yesterday I found myself skipping down the office stairs with a smile on my face. A smile I say!

Yes, that four day weekend over-the-border medicine works wonders.  Plus it didn't hurt that the one weekend in my calendar that was available for me to go to Ireland happened to coincide with their national holiday.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Acute cabin fever?

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Meredith said...

I can't believe that you have been over there for 4 whole years already!! That is so cool. I love all your stories.